Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just count your losses already, woman!!

Matthew 7:6
Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.


Matthew 10:14
If any household or town refuses to welcome you or listen to your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave.... Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.


If God says something, why do I think that it may turn out okay if I try it my own way? Well... it doesn't. God is right (I accidentally wrote "wright", oh how Curt would have been so happy to know that). I have thrown my pearls to people who don't care and whom have trampled me. I choose not to shake the dust from my feet and have ended up worse than if I had. I didn't do it God's way and I am paying for it. I keep thinking I can do things better but I can't. If God wants me to move on, then I need to. He has a reason... and sometimes letting a friend go is what God wants.... if the pain is greater trying to hold on when God has clearly told me not to, then the pain I thought would happen if I let go just can't be nearly as bad.

I just need to learn to trust Him and know that if I do what He wants me to do, He will take care of me.

I know I can be happier. I know I can cut the drama and added stress from my life. Now if only I could get that dust off of my feet and put my pearls back on.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I have to tell you again...you are wise beyond your years.
Love you.