Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rainy hazy day

Today is a rainy, rainy, rainy. It has been rainy since I've been here but almost everyday it would downpour and within ten minutes the sun would break through and it would be a beautiful day. An hour later it would rain again and then start the process would start over again. I think that is similar to my emotions throughout this trip.

It has been great spending time with the kids. They never fail to make me laugh. Every few days a kid that would normally look at me like an outsider will smile at me and some even try to talk to me. I think it's natural for the kids to be like that. If I had lived on the streets and came into a place like this where groups come in for a week and then leave, I would be cautious too. The kids must either see or have heard that I am staying for awhile so they will let me in, little by little. And I'm just fine with that.

Two men from Georgia are here, came this past weekend. One is Rogers, a very nice, sweet man who is the team leader for his group that is coming in on Saturday and JC, who is 83 years old and is a whipper snapper. :) They both have brought a new kind of atmosphere to the place. JC told me today that he was going to adopt me. I think he confused me with one of the orphans! They both are just kind men that will do just about anything for me and Jane and Barbara. They have great hearts.

Things will change again when the group comes but for now, I'm up and down. Today I'm pretty stable but tonight might get rocky since I'm having a serious conversation with one of the kids.

I start my English classes with three of the younger boys tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun but also hard work.

Please keep me in your prayers. It would certainly be helpful!

No comments: