Here's a conversation I had with Lijah today:
Me: So, do you think Chad should be my boyfriend again?
Lijah: Yeah.
Me: You think I should ask him to be my boyfriend?
Lijah: Yeah. (beat) But you shouldn't be his girlfriend.
Me: Well, I would have to be. If he's my boyfriend then I would be his girlfriend.
Lijah: No!! Then you wouldn't be my aunt anymore!
Me: Lij, I'll always be your aunt. No matter what.
Lijah: No, because if you get married then you will be a mom.
Me: Yeah, maybe. You don't want me to be a mom?
Lijah: NO!
He's quite the little kid and I adore him, even if I can never be a mom so that I can be his aunt.
Me: So, do you think Chad should be my boyfriend again?
Lijah: Yeah.
Me: You think I should ask him to be my boyfriend?
Lijah: Yeah. (beat) But you shouldn't be his girlfriend.
Me: Well, I would have to be. If he's my boyfriend then I would be his girlfriend.
Lijah: No!! Then you wouldn't be my aunt anymore!
Me: Lij, I'll always be your aunt. No matter what.
Lijah: No, because if you get married then you will be a mom.
Me: Yeah, maybe. You don't want me to be a mom?
Lijah: NO!
He's quite the little kid and I adore him, even if I can never be a mom so that I can be his aunt.

2 comments:
Awww...that picture makes me teary-eyed. He looks a little like my baby there. Now he's this massive kid!
He's STILL your baby!!!
Post a Comment