There are just moments in your life when you step back and think, "Wow. Could I be anymore blessed?"
This past week has been that for me. Not only have I found my wedding dress with three people that I adore but I have also realized how blessed I am to have my nephews and niece.
I can't explain how proud of an aunt I am to see Gabriel in my arms, smiling in his sleep. To see Noah rocking himself to sleep in the jump-a-roo then looking slightly drunk everytime he opened up his eyes, smiled, and his head flew forward or back. To see Gabby be so proud of her flower girl dress and never wanting to take it off and asking over and over for her crown. To see Lijah walk in with a bloody toe, come straight to me crying, ask me to fix it and then hug me and smile.
All of these things makes me know that I am not someone who is meant to move away and become something big. My purpose is my family.
My extended family didn't ever really make me feel special except for a select few and they weren't really in my life all that much. I don't want my nephews and niece to ever have to say that about me. I want to be there. I want to show them how loved they are (which is quite a bit!!) and I want them to know that they are worth sticking around for.
I can't wait to watch them grow up and I can't wait to have more join the brood. My heart keeps expanding and God has shown me how important my role as an aunt is. I feel useful and it's so easy to love all of them.
Now if only other people were as easy to love! :)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Such a sweet post.
Post a Comment