Friday, September 10, 2010

1st letter to my baby 9/1/10

My baby,

I'm sitting in a classroom right now, substitute teaching, and my mind is constantly flooded with thoughts of you. I have a lot of worries, but mostly hope for a future together.

I can't wait to find out if you are a boy or a girl, if you'll be fully healthy (heck, you are my child so that will probably be unlikely ;)), what you will look like and so much more. I really can't wait to hold you in my arms and tell you about our Papa. It was Papa who brought you to us.

Your daddy and I wanted to wait awhile to have you so we would have money to spoil you with! But Papa had other plans and decided to bless us with you earlier than planned. It scared us at first, but now we are so ready for you to be here and spoil you with love.

Mommy was in a tough place in her life when we found out about you. Your Great-Gramma had just passed away and Mommy missed her very much. You would have loved her! And there's no doubt, she would have loved you even more. She loved her family more than anything. She really loved giraffes too! She never complained and loved with all her heart. I hope to be like her someday. It was hard to lose her, but I believe she and Papa planned you to come so soon so that I could celebrate a new life. She was always worried about other people. You'll meet her someday and it will be a glorious day!

Daddy is a lot like GG. He doesn't have much to say, but when he loves someone, he loves them with all his heart. And let me tell you- he loves you so much already! He's been talking to you a lot so I know you'll recognize his voice.

Your Aunt Amanda and Uncle Trevor are very special people that I know you will love because they already love you. They help Mommy and Daddy when we need it-and we need it a lot! They will be like second parents to you and our family is so blessed to have them. Boy, you'll love your cousins too! They are so much fun. They are the ones (Elijah and Gabby) that told Grandma and Grandpa Wilmot about you.

Grandma and Grandpa Wilmot are so excited to meet you! They have been hoping for another grandchild and they can't believe you came so soon. They couldn't be happier. they will want you to stay with them, play with them, and snuggle with them. It will be an easy task for you!

Grandma and Grandpa Vonalt are excited to meet you too. You are their first grandchild and that is so special. They will do lots of fun stuff with you. You will love spending time with them.

There are so many people that I want to tell you about, family and friends, that are patiently awaiting your arrival to the world. I can't wait to introduce them to you. Our lives are blessed and I can't wait to share that blessing with you.

It's still hard to believe that you are joing our lives. I'm so excited! I hope you're ready for us. We love you so much already!

Love you, baby.
Momma

1 comment:

Manda said...

Crying....great letter. Keep doing this. What an awesome gift to your child.
I cannot wait to meet him/her. He/she is already loved so much!!