We went to our ultrasound (Chad, Mom, Manda, Noah, and I). I was so nervous the whole drive there and even the night before. I could barely sleep just wondering what would be said. Yes, I was very ready to find out the sex, but I also wanted to see my baby and to see if everything was going as it should be going.
Right when the ultrasound tech put the picture up on the screen, my baby was looking directly at us! That didn't happen again the whole time but it was the first image I got of her sweet face. Then, shortly after, the ultrasound tech subtly told us that it's a girl!! I couldn't believe it (and still have a hard time believing it... still have dreams of her being a boy :)). All the girls started crying while Chad stood there shocked, not knowing what to say (I don't think he spoke until the next day!). We were able to see her move a lot, see her ankles crossed the majority of the time, and see her beautiful profile. It was an even better experience than I expected.

--Madalynne Mae
When we saw Dr. Drake, he told us that everything looks great and that she is growing the way she is supposed to. What a relief! Chad asked about the odds that it would end up being a boy... Drake said, "There's no flag. It's a girl." :)
We went to Olive Garden after to celebrate and Mom and Manda had already gotten baby girl some adorable outfits. It still feels like it was a dream.
Since then, a lot seems to have happened but maybe not much at all.
We have decided, after much debate, to name our baby girl Madalynne Mae. Lynne is after both Chad and my mothers and Mae is after my Gramma. I love the name and think it's perfect. I'm so glad to be able to call my baby by name.
I went to another appointment and was told that I have gained 12 pounds, was a few days away from my 3rd trimester, have been having Braxton Hicks, and that I am measuring 3 weeks ahead! I also have my glucose screening test in 2 weeks and then I will be having my appointments every 2 weeks instead of every 4. I just can't believe my second trimester is over. The first trimester went by so slowly, filled with worry and fatigue, and the second trimester just seemed to sail right through with a lot of excitement (I think it helped that Christmas was in my 2nd trimester so I was distracted).
My 3rd trimester began on Sunday and I have been hit with fatigue again plus, Madalynne is starting to kick my ribs and make big movements that are kind of painful at times. I have also been having stronger cramps that stop me in my steps. That's all within less than a week! Chad also told me yesterday that he thinks I grew bigger overnight. :) Since he knows that Madalynne may be able to recognize her parents' voices now, he is frequently using my belly button as a megaphone to talk to her. She usually moves when he does and he loves it. Sometimes he will put his ear to my belly like he is expecting her to talk back to him. Last night he was even just making random noises, just so she could hear him. It's been strange because Chad always kisses me every morning before he leaves for work and the past week, about a minute before he leaves, she will start kicking; Like she knows that Daddy is coming soon. It makes my heart melt every time he refers to us as "Mommy and Daddy".

--Me at 24 weeks. I think I'm bigger now at 26 (almost 27) weeks.
Manda and I went to register for baby stuff and it killed my feet and drained me. I'm so glad to have it done though.
In other news, Manda has planned our next family vacation that we will be taking the first week of June to Myrtle Beach. I'm super excited about it and can't believe that it will be with a baby! We got this huge, beautiful house for cheap and I just wonder how Madalynne will like it.
Still job searching....
The Lord is good, all the time.
2 comments:
Keep blogging about her, even after she's here. What a gift to her!
I am so ready to meet her. I'm already a proud aunt! :)
You look BEAUTIFUL Jamie... I just love that baby bump! It looks so much bigger in that picture than it did 2 weeks ago.. LOL I can't wait to meet Miss Madalynne! With Camera in hand.. we will get pictures of her very first days!!!!
Post a Comment