Thursday, March 24, 2011

All the fun stuff

Wow, what a time I've had!

As more time goes by, the more real I feel like this is all getting. Two weeks ago, Dr. Drake told me that if I hadn't done it on my own, he would induce labor on the 20th of April, 5 weeks from that date. It all seemed incredibly real then and actually put me in quite a daze.

It is hard to be in a daze, though, when you are at your baby shower. Wow. What a blessing it was! I felt so emotional the whole day and kept thinking how my baby is so lucky already to be surrounded by people that love her so much. The food was perfect, the decorations were wonderful (especially my diaper cake!), and the cake! Wow, the cake.







In the middle of opening my gifts, I was stopped in my tracks. I opened up a card that was signed "GG". It took me a second to compose myself. I had struggled knowing that my Gramma would not be at this shower and I already have cried one too many times thinking of how she won't get to visit in the hospital and rock her new great-granddaughter. I was able to feel that Gramma was there because my aunt had found gifts that Gramma had and had made and Aunt Karen told me later that Gramma just knew... it took everything in me to hold myself together. It was such a blessing to feel her presence there.






And just for fun... a pic of me from the side. Holy belly! :)





After the shower, we were able to go view our maternity pics which I am absolutely in love with! We are still trying to decide what exactly to order but we were shown a slideshow that made both Chad and I teary. This is just an incredible experience and to see it in pictures, from the outside, it's just an unreal thing.

The next day, Manda came over and helped put away all the gifts--oh my daughter's wardrobe!! What a wonderful start. :) I have always loved shopping for clothes for myself but it's a whole different level when I get to shop for my daughter.

Now, when I walk past Madalynne's room, I just smile. I feel so ready now... terrified, but ready. I'm ready for my life to change. I'm ready to be a family. I'm ready to kiss my baby girl for the first time. I'm ready for what God wants to show me through this little life. I'm ready!

My next update just might be about the birth of my daughter. Unreal.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I just saw this post. Maddy is here and is a blessing already!