I may not have a lot of money or get to do the majority of things that I want to do but I am comfortable. Very comfortable.
When I have a day off, I am able to catch up on the week's shows that I missed, take a nap with Maddy, grab a coffee at my favorite coffee stop (Season's? Yes, please!), or peruse the internet to my heart's content. It's a wonderful thing.
Here's the issue: This comfortability has transferred into my inner being.
I have a comfy view of life. I have my own few select friends. I am comfortable with only truly conversing with my family. I have a church family that is small and close and that, that is easy, AND comfortable. I'm rarely in an environment where I am swallowed up in a large group of people and I am glad for that.
I have a comfy view of life. I have my own few select friends. I am comfortable with only truly conversing with my family. I have a church family that is small and close and that, that is easy, AND comfortable. I'm rarely in an environment where I am swallowed up in a large group of people and I am glad for that.
I remember in the not so distant past I longed to be a missionary. I could see myself sharing God's grace and love to masses of hurting people in the jungles and on the streets. In my mind at the time, that was not an area of uncomfortability. It was exciting and a purposeful mission.
When I realized that the life of a missionary was not where God wanted me at the time being, I became comfortable. Forgetting how God has a mission for me no matter where I am. Why would God trust me to share with strangers about His love and grace when I don't do it with the people in my life right where I am? Why do I continue to forget that I AM a missionary, right in Bryan/Edgerton Ohio.
God has been getting out of my comfort zone by introducing me to various people and not only introducing them, but encouraging me to have them in my life. I almost want to tell Him that He has crossed the line with that one, but then I remember how fun and easy that used to be.
Why does it all get harder as you become an adult? Shouldn't it be easier?
But what I can take comfort in with all of this uncomfortability is that God will guide me. I will screw up, and I have.... but God allows me to change without anger, without pressure, without a time limit.
What is God calling you out in? What area of your life does He want you to have uncomfortable? Will you be You allow Him to be your comfort in that uncomfortability? He should be the only comfort we need.
God has been getting out of my comfort zone by introducing me to various people and not only introducing them, but encouraging me to have them in my life. I almost want to tell Him that He has crossed the line with that one, but then I remember how fun and easy that used to be.
Why does it all get harder as you become an adult? Shouldn't it be easier?
But what I can take comfort in with all of this uncomfortability is that God will guide me. I will screw up, and I have.... but God allows me to change without anger, without pressure, without a time limit.
What is God calling you out in? What area of your life does He want you to have uncomfortable? Will you be You allow Him to be your comfort in that uncomfortability? He should be the only comfort we need.
No comments:
Post a Comment