Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life

Life is definitely different but yet it's still the same. It's been wonderful welcoming a new member into our family. It really shows what kind of family we are and how lucky I am to be a part of it. I am so proud of my siblings who have welcomed Igor in with open arms even though they had never met him. He had been so excited to meet everyone and I don't think it could have gone better than it had.

Since I've been home, I've been spending less time in the Word. I am finding myself jam-packing my days so that when I go to bed I am exhausted. I then hear the whispers of the Enemy that say that this time is normal and that my time close to the Lord was just a phase. It's a lie and I see that more and more everytime I hear it. I know that I feel most alive when I am walking hand in hand with my Father and I feel dead when I back away from Him. There is nothing keeping me away from Him other than my tiredness.

And why do we always make ourselves so tired? I know why... so that other people look at us and say, "Wow, how does she do that? That's amazing that she has so much on her plate and she does it all." That is making it so that the glory is on us, is on me. The glory needs to be on the Lord and jam-packing my days is only focusing on me, not on Him even if it is jam-packed full of ministry things. I need to realize what I should say no to and what the Lord tells me to do. That is part of waiting on Him and I haven't been doing that very often. Spreading myself thin is not what the Lord intended for my ministry. Or yours.

The next few days I am going to see some friends that I have missed very much. It's going to be a good week I feel.

Happy birthday, sister!! Love you very very much, Marie. I could never tell you how much you mean to me.

No comments: