You know how God will teach you something and you will grab hold of it and then when it comes around again you are like, "Okay, Lord. What's this all about?"
Let me ask a question... "Okay, Lord. What's this all about?"
The reason I did not make it out of Kiev on Saturday (other than God) is because Delta had oversold their flight. Well, they have oversold their flights until late August. So, what we decided to do was to buy a plane ticket from Ukraine International Airlines and fly to Amsterdam. From Amsterdam, I would use the buddy pass because those flights are still pretty wide open. Pretty smart, eh?
So today was the day to go home. I got up at 4 am to go to the airport. At about 5:30 we got into line to check in for the 6:45 flight. There was a family of five in front of us and they were taking awhile. But we just waited. By 6:15, I was getting slightly anxious. Jane was helping me check in and eventually went to the business class line and asked if we could check in there. The woman said yes and then started looking at things and looked at her boss that was behind her and said in Russian, "What do we do with this passenger? She's going on to America and the flight is oversold." Jane just looked at me then because I didn't know what was said at the time (not quite up on the Russian lingo yet). She said, "I can't believe I just heard that. Unbelievable. They oversold the flight. You aren't going anywhere today!"
You know what I did?
Laughed.
There was a time where I would be angry and annoyed. I REALLY wanted to go home today. I had a hard time sleeping just because I was so excited to go see my family and friends. BUT... God did it again. He was asking me if I trusted Him still. Before He even asked, I laughed. Because I think He's funny. I don't know why I find humor in it, but I do. It's kind of like sarcasm and I appreciate God's humor.
I was saying goodbye AGAIN last night and I was telling Pavlina and Lena that I was REALLY leaving this time and Pavlina said, "Joke?" I said, "NO!" I don't think after today that she will ever believe me when I say I'm going home. And that's funny!
I can't wait to see Igor's face when he sees me again. I bet I will laugh at that too.
I don't know why God did it again but I know He did it for a reason. I also know that I still trust Him. I've seen now that when I trust Him, it gives me freedom to laugh and to not worry. That's enough reason right there to continue to trust.
*Update: Jane just looked at the Delta flight from Amsterdam to Cincinnati which is the flight I was going to take. Two people who had higher priority than me for buddy passes didn't make it on the flight. I would have been stuck in Amsterdam with no cell phone service. Now THAT is funny.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment