Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blessings, Commitment, and Joy

Sometimes it's grey, it looks bleak, and you really just want to get rid of it-- what is it?-- a long, steady relationship.

But a long, steady relationship also brings stability, a clear understanding of a person, and the faith that love can last forever; even when you want to kill the other person at times (in their sleep or not).


Chad and I have been together for over four years and four years seems like an eternity. That's a whole high school career. Wow.


Sometimes we get bored and at times, boring. If we were able to see each other everyday, we would be watching Jeopardy every night at 7:30 and being perfectly content to do that. And really, that's the point. We are content. It doesn't matter how boring we get or how bored we are with each other, we always come back to the fact that we are blessed to have each other and that we would rather be boring together than live an extremely exciting life without each other.


I know not many people are able to come to grips with that but that is something that I think makes us special. We can fight like the Jersey Shore cast but we always come back to the fact that we love each other and that we know what it's like to not be together. We don't want to go there again.


And no matter how bored I get with Chad, I always find excitement to spend time with him: at a movie, going to dinner, or simply sitting on the couch laughing at Michael Scott. I really can't get enough of him (Chad, not Michael).


How amazing it is to know that we will make it in our marriage. We have been through a hodgepodge of obstacles and dark places and have come through the other side time and time again and for that, I am grateful and I am confident. With the Lord's help, with the support of our families, we know we will make it because we have before and we still continue to.


We will not give up on each other, just as the Lord has not given up on us. We want our marriage to be a reflection of His love.


I can't wait!!




P.S. I just want to thank my sissy and bro-in-law for the continued support and prayers you have provided for Chad and I for the past few years. I don't think we could be where we are today without the two of you. You are the best examples we could ever have and the best friends. We love you two!

No comments: