Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm diving in!

It's been 5 days since I found out I am pregnant. It's been quite an emotional rollercoaster with Chad, with my family, with Chad's family, with friends. It's just crazy the reactions that I have gotten. The more people know, the more excited I get.

Chad has not only accepted that we are having a baby (Thank the Lord!), but he is also starting to get excited himself. He told me Monday night that he was already thinking of baby girl names. It's so sweet and I can't wait to take this journey with him.

It's unbelievable how much I love this baby already. I have never wanted to take care of my body more than now. It's amazing that I haven't even met this little person and yet they are controlling my life. I think every time I put food in my mouth. I think every time I crave some sugary pop and instead reach for water. I have been learning to love myself for so many years and now it takes on a whole new meaning as I am carrying a baby.

For those of you who want to know my symptoms, they are as follows (skip this section if you don't want any spoilers :))

*morning sickness (literally)
*weight gain (but not enough to make me look pregnant, just fat. Haha)
*breast tenderness (the symptom that has been around the longest)
*peeing about every hour (I'm getting quite the exercise since my bathroom is upstairs!)
*zits (what the heck? Don't get them when I am in high school but now I have them all over my face, including one on my forehead that makes me look like a unicorn!)
*fatigue (morning nap? Yes, please! Afternoon nap? Heck yes! Bed at 8? Okay!)


Even with these symptoms, it's still hard to believe that I am pregnant. I just feel sick. I can't wait until I can really tell I have a baby, when I get to have my first ultrasound, when I know the sex of the baby. I'm so excited for what is ahead!

I am so happy God choose to bless us in this way even though it wasn't what we had planned. He knows what we need and what is best for us. I would not have chosen to get pregnant 2 months (actually 1 month!) after we got married, but God sees the future, loves the heck out of both Chad and I, and knows that we are ready even if we don't feel ready.

We are so blessed to have families and friends that support us like crazy. I have no doubts that this baby will be surrounded by the best people it can be surrounded by. I love my life and can't wait to introduce my world to my little baby.

What an adventure, and it's just beginning!

2 comments:

LORALOGANKAYLYNN said...

STOP FREAKING MAKING ME CRY!!!!

LOVE YOU!! Can't wait to meet Baby Vonalt!!!!

Manda said...

Have I mentioned how excited I am??!
Welcome to "the club". It's the best club to be a part of.
:)