Phil. 4.8--Don't worry about anything; pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
This Scripture was post on my Facebook by my daddy after I posted this status: Please pray for Chad and I. Finances are not good for the two of us, let alone adding on another person. It's really hard for Chad to enjoy this pregnancy when all he is worrying about is how we are going to pay for everything. Just pray for peace, and a miracle! :)
I thought, "Okay. How do I not worry? I want to trust Him but how do I do that when I see nothing good in front of us? When we keep being rejected? How is He going to work this out? I know He CAN, but WILL He?"
Let me back up a bit.
Because I lost my job at Imagine, I lost my health insurance at the end of June. No big deal. I rarely go to the doctors anyway.
Chad was starting to get sick of his insurance at work and the cost of it. So, 2 weeks ago, Chad and I went to an independent insurance agent in Bryan and signed up for basic health insurance which was tons cheaper for the both of us than it was for just him. We were told that to add on maternity would be an extra $100 a month. I didn't think that sounded too shabby, but Chad wanted to wait awhile. After all, we would go at least a year without getting pregnant (little did we know, I was already pregnant at the time we got that insurance!).
So, when I found out 4 days later that I was in fact pregnant, I called the insurance agent to ask if we could get maternity added on. After he made a few phone calls, he called me back and told me that the company we were with no longer does maternity insurance and the company that does would cost us $709 a month. He told us it would be smarter for us to just go with Chad's work insurance.
Chad started filling out paperwork to get me on his insurance. The secretary at work was playing stupid with the insurance and acted like she didn't know I was pregnant. However, the owner caught wind of this and shut it down, telling Chad I wouldn't be able to get on until November and that there would be a 6 month waiting period for me to get on maternity. Not an option!
Chad was getting beaten down and we were starting to really worry that we would have to pay for every doctor's appointment and for the delivery out of pocket. It is a terrifying thought when you only have one consistent income. I looked online and saw that an average delivery costs $4,000 with no complications but that it could go all the way up to $10,000 for complications. Yikes!!!
The secretary at work asked Chad to get the insurance I had before to see if we could figure something out. Ends up, I had COBRA as an option that would continue my health insurance from Imagine, just at a higher rate. This sounded like a wonderful option because I was on this insurance for a year and I certain it had maternity.
When we looked at the papers, it said we had 60 days from the post-marked date of the letter which was June 23rd. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" We thought. However, Manda told me to scan the papers and send them to her. I did and she found in the fine print that it was 60 days from my last date of coverage which is June 30th. Are you doing the math? That is 3 days from now and that was just figured out this morning.
Ends up, I'm covered. I have a $500 deductable and then everything else is 100% covered. I have maternity insurance with no waiting period. How amazing is that?! Yes, it's a little more than what we wanted to pay a month, but so much cheaper than what we thought we were going to end up paying!
God's timing. Wow.
The people God placed in my life.... amazing.
I just can't believe He works the way He does. Crazy awesome.
The song that is playing right now? "Our God" Coincidence? I think not.
***Water You turned into wine
Opened the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You
None like You
Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God
And if our God is for us
Then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us
Then what can stand against?***
I can only hope and pray and try my heart out to let this truth sink into my mind and into my heart. I know it's truth but I don't live in this truth. What an amazing God, that He doesn't give up on me no matter how much I doubt Him.
I cannot wait to share my faith with my baby. What an exciting time! I hope that I am more mature in my faith when it's time to share with him/her.
What blessings I am surrounded with!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like you said...it is more than you had expected to pay but way less than out of pocket. For the type of insurance you have, I really think the monthly rate is awesome. Considering those of us who pay lower monthly rates still have to pay out of pocket even when the deductible is met.....your cost is really good.
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!
Post a Comment