My Chad Thomas... it's so hard to explain how grateful I am for him. He drives me absolutely insane, we have gone through so many learning processes (and continue to) and we are two very different people. But what lies underneath is love that isn't just a feeling and a commitment to go through life together. He has made providing for our small family a priority and works so hard to make sure we are taken care of. The two highlights of every day for me are when he walks in the door and Maddy runs to him screaming, "HI DADA!" He drops to his knees and their embrace always warms my heart. Then, when Chad invites Maddy to watch TV in bed with him while he prepares to go to sleep is so sweet to me. I never expected their bond to be so tight and for me to love him even more (and in a completely new way) when he became a daddy. He really is a wonderful man and we are so lucky to have him!
My brother-in-law (might as well drop the in-law), Trev. He has been around since I was in elementary school and I honestly don't remember what life was like before he came around. He has been a brother to me, a father, a friend--whatever I have needed. He always strives to make everyone around him balanced in their views and he has done a lot for my mind in how I think about things and people. He is hilarious and challenging, but most of all, he is a giver with a heart of gold. I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate and love him and how happy I am that he choose to spend the rest of his life with my sister.
Some women are not blessed with even one man who is half as great as the three I mentioned above, let alone have more than one. Truthfully, I don't know how some people get through life without my dad, my hubby, and my brother-in-law. I don't know how I would.



No comments:
Post a Comment