Monday, August 12, 2013

The Best Influence of All

Today is my sissy's birthday.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  Manda is one of those people that has every reason to be celebrated, to be honored, to be reminded of how amazing she is.  She will never scream for attention or seek out new friends just for the fun of it.  No, she has what she needs... the very few that get to know who she really is and thus are given the greatest gift of all--a friend for life.  And I get to be one of those people.

There are days where I wonder what my life would look like if I had been born into a different family, or had never met my sister.  It's one of those things that I can't really imagine because of how Manda has shaped me into the person I am today and will continue to help mold me into who I should be.  She encourages me in every area of my life--as a daughter, a mother, a sibling, a Christ-follower, a friend.  I don't understand how people can walk through life without someone with her dedication and love but I also know there are only a few others who are like her and I am one who is blessed to have her walk beside me.

We have so many memories and continue to build on them.  I can't point to a time in our lives where I can say, "THAT was the best time we've ever had" because every new day is a new possibility.

I adore my sister.  Forever and for always.  And even though she's REALLY old now, I still aspire to be more like her.

Happy birthday, Marie.  I love you so very much.


No comments: