I don't really understand why the things that happen happen.
There is a lot of nasty, not so fun things happening all at once and I don't get it. But what I do get is that my job is not to worry... my job is to pray.
If I sit and worry about it all, isn't that telling God that He can't be trusted to work everything out? And what if He doesn't work things out the way that I want? Does that mean that I have a right to be angry with Him and tell Him He was wrong? That would be the same as saying that I have more wisdom than Him. And yikes.... that isn't true!
God, on multiple occasions, has changed situations because of His people crying out to Him for a different direction. God has also went ahead with the plan even though prayers were lifted up diligently to go in another direction (Jesus before He was crucified). Only God knows what is best. Only He sees the benefits and the burdens of each new difficult circumstance. And if burdens come with those difficulties, He wants to carry it for us. He doesn't want to just be the decider, He wants to be the Lover whom you run to, whom I run to.
So why do I keep running in the opposite direction?
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment